Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: One Lucky Girl!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last night at my best friend little sis birthday party her sister got a pm Felicity plus Elizabeth. How she got a pm Felicity was her grandma she had been saving the doll for years. ( I was soooo jealouse) Now my friend was almost in tears when she had seen her PARENTS had gotten Elizabeth for her sis. Strict rule in her house one and only one doll per birthday. ( becuase they have eight kids) It really hurt her. ecspecially it hurt my friend's old sis. she had always wanted a pm felicity, but her granmother said it was too expensive and would not be fair to her other siblings. What I was truly horrified at was the way her sis was treating Felicity and elizabeth she was throwing them up in the air. ( she missed a couple of times) [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] All i could think of was poor Lissie!! Then she went up to her older sis and said look i have the doll youve always wanted and then threw her on the ground. Then she up to my friend and said look mommy got me a doll shes NEVER gotten anyone else a doll and skipped off. My friend was pratically in tears. She is MUCH MUCH MUCH older than her little sis and now she has as many dolls as her. Plus, her sister got the carriage from her mom and dad. the number two rule in her family was only 100 dollars per child! My friend had just had her birthday last month, and got NOTHING of ag and her sister every present of hers was something to do with ag. Sigh...... I feal so bad. What her parents did I think is wrong and unfair what do you all think?

    edited to add they ONLY get ag dolls from thier grandma, becuase her parents said they would NEVER pay that much for a doll so it hurt my friends fealings when not only did her sis get 2, BUT one was from her parents [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 20, 2005 03:17 PM: Message edited by: llama_dreamdancer_5 ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so sad! I feel awful for your friend. And the way her little sister was acting is absolutely horrid!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that is really unfair. If you have two daughters who like AG and you get one daughter two dolls for her Birthday and an expensive piece of furniture or an accessory, you should do the same for the other daughter.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree...very sad indeed. Maybe your friend should calmly express how hurt she is to the parents and g. ma. I send a big hug along to your friend.

    Shanna

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ITA that that is sad and unfair. I hope she gets her PM Lissie someday.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am guessing that little sis is the 8th child. She seems very spoiled and sure knows how to push her sisters buttons. I think your friend should tell her parents how much the pm Felicity is worth. Way more then what her Grandmother paid for it. One has to wonder what the Grandmother was thinking to slight one grandchild over another.

    I wonder if the parents saw and heard what the little sister said? It seems a bit over indulgent on their side for one child to get near or over $400 in AG gifts.

    I would give your friend a hug and the two of you could have sweet tea party with your dolls to help with her hurt feelings. There is very little either of you can be do about her sister. Her parents have let her get way out of control. But that happens a lot with the youngest.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so sad!!! I guess the parents are doing favorites. At least your friend is lucky, she got you as a good friend for comfort. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This was her 8th birthday. Sigh......she is not a plentent little girl. genrally gets what she wants when she wants. [img]mad.gif[/img] I HATE the favorites game!

  9. #9
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    That totally ****s. Parents can be soooo blind sometimes!!! My sympathies to your friend. I would have left the room, because I couldn't have stopped myself from crying! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Boy she sounds awfully spoiled for an 8-year-old (and I don't mean by the number of gifts). I HATE that na-na-na-na-na-na stuff even more than whining.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •